A town square surrounded by Georgian terraces. No two sides of the square are identical. It was built beginning in 1826 and to the design of Edinburgh architect James Gillespie Graham. A popular place to linger in the 1920’s in the square’s gardens. Also the main route to Hamilton Square Station to access Liverpool and rest of Wirral and to Woodside Ferry for the Liverpool boat. Lowry mentions the square in 'Goya The Obscure' (Pg. 273).